Thursday, November 17, 2011

Blog Post #13

Wolfram Alpha
For my blog post #13, I choose option #1.

1. I have never heard of WolframAlpha. I usually use search engines like Google or Ask Jeeves or Yahoo.

2. I also have never heard of Google Squared. 

3. According to 2010 estimates, the percentage of China's population to United State's population is 439%. China's population is 1.35 billion people. United State's 309 million people.

4. According to 2010 estimates, the percentage of India's population to United State's population is 393%. India's 1.21 billion people.

5. Now that I researched the percentage of the different populations, the facts in Did You Know? make more sense. Wolfram Alpha breaks down the growth changes over the years.

6. I think that Wolfram Alpha is definitely a site that I will use from now on. I like how precise all of the results were. I also liked how fast the results were found. I will use this search engine in my classroom. This site has a lot to offer. You can look up information on math, history, science, and many other subjects.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jill,

    I feel so honored that you are my last C4C. :) I have never heard of WolframAlpha either, but it is very interesting. It is mind boggling to see the statistics of the world's population. I agree with you about the "Did You Know?" facts, because after researching it does make more sense. Thanks for the very informative blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jill,

    I am glad that you found some value in Wolfram Alpha. I really is a great place to look up things to compare.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete